Ellis Carter and Deanna Rader will be co-presenting a webinar on January 15th at 4:00 pm as part of the Arizona Charter School Association’s Charter Starter program. One of the first sessions that the program will offer is a webinar on the legal aspects of starting a charter school in Arizona. This webinar will cover the following topics:
- Who can apply for a charter (LLC, Partnership, Corporation, Sole Proprietorship, etc.)
- The benefits and costs of starting as a for-profit vs. a not-for profit
- How to file for corporate status at the ACC
- How to apply for 501c3 status and the time lines and costs associated with that
- Why you should avoid a dual board structure
- IRS Concerns Regarding Management Contracts
- Other legal concerns to consider while in the development stage
For more information on starting a charter school, please contact Ellis Carter at [email protected].
Ellis Carter is a nonprofit lawyer with Caritas Law Group, P.C. licensed to practice in Washington and Arizona. Ellis advises nonprofit and socially responsible businesses on corporate, tax, and fundraising regulations nationwide. Ellis also advises donors with regard to major gifts. To schedule a consultation with Ellis, call 602-456-0071 or email us through our contact form.